Medicinal Forecasting

Having family and friends of varying physical ailments, I know how important a proper diagnosis is when determining and treating infirmities. If the illness is new, or has many symptoms, it becomes the medical equivalent of investing on Wall Street, with the notable exception that this is literally life-or-death.

So I have to say that I'm surprised when I heard that instead of any type of apology for making (or endorsing) unsubstantiated claims, there’s interest in a probe on Terri Schiavo to see how she suffered her horrific accident. Apparently John E. Bush ("Jeb" is his nickname), thinks there is foul play at work. Considering how the autopsy records have debunked any claim that Ms. Schiavo was in a typical coma, I supposed that jumping the gun to blame her husband for something else is easier than saying "My bad. I'm sorry that my posse tried to demonize you and use politicians with doctor's degrees to make the public think that Terri was basically taking a really long nap."

Also, as the Washington Post summarizes, and as Slate elaborates on: Ms. Schiavo's body showed no sign of abuse, she had become blind, and her brain was about half the size of a normal brain.

So like others, I'm not looking for a re-definition of what was an obvious inference (also known as lies). I'm waiting for an apology. Ms. Schiavo deserves that much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break