Two Left Feet

Everyday it is getting harder for Karl Rove and his supporters to dance around the issue of whether or not he broke the law by allowing reporters to connect Valerie Plame, CIA agent with Joe Wilson, former Ambassador and critic of the Iraq War.

One such dancer, Ken Mehlman, may need to take some tango lessons. How can you in praise the man who may be prosecuting one of your teammates, yet be be unwilling to continue doing so if the prosecution leads to a decision that may not be in your favor?

From today's edition of NBC NEWS' MEET THE PRESS:

MR. RUSSERT: You say you have tremendous confidence in Pat
Fitzgerald.

MR. MEHLMAN: I do.

MR. RUSSERT: If, in fact, he
indicts White House officials, will you accept that indictment and not fight it?

MR. MEHLMAN: First of all, I'm the chairman of the Republican National Committee. I'm not an attorney for anybody. The fact is I look forward to his getting to the bottom of this. I can't speak for...

MR. RUSSERT: But if he indicts White House officials...

MR. MEHLMAN: Right.

MR. RUSSERT: ...will you pledge today,
because you have tremendous confidence in him, that you will not criticize his decision?

MR. MEHLMAN: Again, I'm not going to speculate. I have tremendous confidence in him. I look to getting to the bottom of this. Whatever he does, I can assure you, people are going to follow and are going to look to abide by.

MR. PODESTA: Just say "yes," Ken.

MR. MEHLMAN: But I think it would be inappropriate for me as the RNC chairman to say what legal strategy people may take in the future.

MR. RUSSERT: But if you have
tremendous confidence in him, then you will respect and accept his decision.

MR. MEHLMAN: I look forward to hearing what he has to say, and I intend to respect what he has to say, but, again, I'm not going to speculate on what he might do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break