Bush: Still Snippy and Stubborn


Remember when Al Gore gave George W. Bush the "I'm not ready to concede yet" call on the eve of the 2000 election? Bush was understandably confused, then upset that Gore would dare changed his mind. Gore told not to get snippy.

Little did we know that this was a foreshadowing of both Gore's penchant for using posh terms, but also Bush's temper when things don't go his way.

Fastforward to now: George H. W. Bush has expressed some concern over what may happen to his son should Democrats take over. Once again, Junior's gotten a little snippy:

"He shouldn't be speculating like this, because -- he should have called me ahead of time and I'd tell him they're not going to (win)."

Jesus. So it's gotten to the point where Bush's own father can't give him some friendly advice, or show some concern, without getting the Naughty-Naughty Finger Wave?

I've had more than my share of arguments with my father. But any advice he's given me has always factored into my decisions. And in Bush's case, I would take the advice of a guy who had to deal with a Democratic Congress.

Of course, Bush has decided to be even more stubborn than he usually is. His first domestic item on deck for the new Congress? Social Security Bamboozlepalooza Part II.

In other words: "stay the course."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break