Broken Clock Moment: Joe Klein

Things have gotten so bad for President Bush, Joe Klein has turned on him:

When Bush came to office--installed by the Supreme Court after receiving fewer votes than Al Gore--I speculated that the new President would have to govern in a bipartisan manner to be successful. He chose the opposite path, and his hyper-partisanship has proved to be a travesty of governance and a comprehensive failure. I've tried to be respectful of the man and the office, but the three defining sins of the Bush Administration--arrogance, incompetence, cynicism--are congenital: they're part of his personality. They're not likely to change. And it is increasingly difficult to imagine yet another two years of slow bleed with a leader so clearly unfit to lead.


I'd say that the words that come after "I've tried to be respectful of the man and the office" pretty much reflect the sentiments of a majority of progressives, liberals and Democrats in America. Part of me is curious to see if Mr. Klein will call for impeachment in a future article, but won't hold my breath. I will, however, give Mr. Klein some props for being able to admit he's was wrong, even if he didn't actually say the words "I was wrong."

But this still won't persuade me to re-new my Time membership. No way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break