The "No Spin" Groan

Only because I couldn't make this up myself: a sample of "Things Bill O'Reilly Has Learned"

Never been with a hooker, never been on a blind date. My ego's too big.

Risk means taking chances that may come back to cause you pain.

There are some issues that have gray areas — abortion is one of them. But I do believe that 90 percent of the world's problems are black-and-white.

A best moment? You get into the sappy birth-of-the-daughter moment … and I'm not gonna quantify my life that way.

If you don't care what other people think of you, you can feel comfortable anywhere.


Except for the "abortion" quote, I tried to pick "lessons" that didn't seem overtly political so I could get a better picture of what this guy's like (considering that, even though he's on FoxNews, he claims that he's not right-wing). He admits he has an ego. He understands that taking a risk my cause more harm than good. And his last "lesson: speaks for itself. So three of five comments make him seem like an average person.

Then you get to the other two. "90% of the world's problem are black-and-white?" That's dangerous and lazy thinking. And for someone who claims to be "in the middle," it's also contradictory. A person who thinks that a majority issues or "black-or-white" usually ask the same initial question: "How does this affect me?" Now O'Reilly may be different, but nothing I've heard from him seem to suggest that he doesn't put himself first in any given scenario.

Which leads me to his other quote where he calls the birth of a daughter "sappy." Damn; someone didn't get enough hugs when he was young! And it's strange that someone who sees alot of things in "black-in-white" doesn't want to "quantify" his life in that way (namely, with positive emotions).

All in all, people may argue as to which end of the political spectrum Bill O'Reilly is on, and with good reason: he's sort of a walking contradiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break