Does Four Minutes Make That Much Difference?

Yes DC, there is a Santa Claus...and he's given us a new Brendan Haywood. But don't tell the Wizards' resident 7-footer that:

To hear Haywood explain it, he is averaging career highs of 10.5 points, 8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks while shooting 56.2 percent because he is on the court more -- averaging a career-high 26.6 minutes per game -- and has been asked to carry a larger load than at any time during his first six seasons.

"There's nothing I've done differently," Haywood said. "I have always had a business approach to my work ethic and I've always worked hard during the offseason. . . . It's just always good to know that you are the guy and you don't have to worry about your spot being taken if you have two bad games. Knowing that I'm basically the five-man and I have that spot to myself right now and I don't have to worry about sharing with anybody, that definitely helps me out a lot."

There is no question that Haywood's performance and attitude have drastically improved since last season when he split time as a starter with Etan Thomas and averaged 6.6 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.1 block in 22.6 minutes.


By averaging 4 more mpg, Haywood's averages in points, rebounds and blocks shot up by 3.9, 1.8 and 0.7 respectively. But I think (as Haywood himself says) it has more to do with his status on the team as the definitive center than his actual playing time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break