George W. Bush is No Ronald Reagan

Reagan:

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

Bush:

This is a bad storm that affected a lot of people in a variety of states. Our administration is reaching out to state officials. I just called the governors of the affected states. I wanted them to know that this government will help them; but more importantly, I wanted them to be able to tell the people in their states that the American people hold them up and -- hold those who suffer up in prayer. Loss of life, a lot of loss of property -- prayers can help and so can the government. And so today before we begin this important ceremony, I do want the people in those states to know the American people are standing with them.


Just a friendly reminder that (1) most politicians will say anything to get elected, and (2) politicians who make absolutes (like Mr. No-Nation-Building) sooner or later come to regret it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break