Joss Whedon Almost Did Batman

Not in a dirty way, perverts:

“Well, I actually did pitch a ‘Batman’ film when [Warner Bros. began developing "Batman Begins"], and it wasn’t what they did but the vibe was very similar,” said Whedon. “Mine was a bit less epic. It was more about the progression of him and it was more in Gotham City. He didn’t go to Tibet and meet cool people, but it was very similar in vibe [to Nolan's "Batman Begins"].”


I'm kinda torn on this. No doubt Whedon could pull off a dark Batman, but I get the feeling that he'd end of swimming in snark-infested waters. And do we really want the Joker to say, "Don't wig out?" or "I'm five-by-five?"

Besides, I like Christopher Nolan's more international take; it fit more with some background stories that had Bruce Wayne traveling around the world (and not just Gotham City) in order to find the right ways to combat crime.

I will say that I'd eagerly await a Whedon-scribed Wonder Woman movie...or even a sequel to "Superman Returns" (those guys could use some help apparently).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break