No Main Topic

  1. Boston beats Cleveland, and I smile a little more.
  2. The Washington Post takes a look at both Sen. Obama's and Sen. McCain's health care plans.
  3. Most likely the real reason McCain doesn't want to bring up Rev. Wright (other than the fact that Hillary Clinton already tried).
  4. Nebraska's safe haven law nets another child.
  5. There are signs that credit cards will be the next financial crisis.
  6. McCain tries to bribe voters in coastal states with oil money...which makes little sense considering that he used to talk about being independent of oil.
  7. Traffic ticket myths.

Comments

About 8 years ago, I simply stopped paying on my credit cards. I was in for 10 or 12 thousand, and just simply couldnt keep up. Meanwhile, they'd jacked up the interest rate to around 30% and were tacking on around $200 a month (amongst them all) in various charges. I wanted to pay them back, but it was simple case of diminishing returns and bad behavior. So I quit, and switched to dealing in cash only.
A couple years later they pulled the bankruptcy thing, and that was kind of the last straw. After that I wasnt too terribly concerned about paying them off, the greedy bastards. In one of the latest letters that I got (that contained a number), the amount had grown from around $3000 or so (I'm not sure which account it was, but they ranged from $2-3,000), to around $20,000 - they were generously offering to let me off for half that amount (to which I have to answer; if I had $10,000 to pay you off, wouldnt I be sending monthly payments?)
During all this time, I have recieved at least 2 credit card offers in the mail every week.

Why the credit card companies cannot simply freeze your accounts as is and cut your credit, and not thaw you till they're paid off, I dont understand. They might get less from each account, but it seems like the chances of default would be lower.
Of course, if they do that, then they cannot claim to have lost $20,000 on an account worth $3000, can they?

I'd still be interested in paying off the debt, but not with the $1000s in extra bullshit they've tacked on. When someone proposes a plan like that, I'll join in.

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break