Why I Appreciate Antawn Jamison

Things like this.

The Cleveland Cavaliers had targeted Jamison as the trade deadline approached last Thursday but the prospect of Jamison moving to a hated rival that eliminated the Wizards the past three postseasons didn't go over too well with his teammates -- especially Gilbert Arenas and DeShawn Stevenson. "We had some fun with it," Jamison said. "Gilbert and D-Steve said 'If you do that, we're going to have to hurt your [butt].' Gil said he was going to take my legs out the first time he saw me."

Asked his thoughts about not moving to a team with a better record, Jamison said, "I'm happy here. It's a down year, but I still believe with everybody healthy, we got enough to get it done. I'm definitely happy here with this organization and this city."


I've been waiting for years to have good players who want to wear the Bullets/Wizards jersey. To have people like Jamison, Arenas and Butler -who honestly like playing here- is worth putting up with their individual flaws.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break