I Know, I Know...

"It's only one game." Much like, "We shouldn't make judgments based on the preseason stats." But football's only 16-games long; if you can't make some assessments now, then when? After eight games, which is halfway through? After twelve, when the season is usually decided? I never understood why people can make preseason predictions about football, but then had to shut up until the season was almost over.

Than there was the Comcast report, where B-Mitch said that Washington's offense was stagnant. Really? I thought spending millions on defensive players and ignoring and aging offensive line was Stage One in Operation: Light Up the Scoreboard. As much as I'd like to blame the offense, it hasn't been significantly upgraded. What we're seeing now is basically the same offense as last season, only a bit healthier.

Watching Zorn sweat through he post-game interview was painful. Just painful. It was like watching Doug Collins when he was coaching the Wizards (now there's a scary thought; I hope I never have to compare those two guys again).

Anyway, I've said this before and I'll say it here: with its defense Washington needs to be able score 21 points per game to be in games. Anything else is a virtual loss.

In other NFL news: karma has struck Donovan McNabb, who has tried his darndest to make sure that Micheal Vick's presence wouldn't overshadow his own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break