Quote of the Day

I think that the success of my films has nothing to do with capitalism. Capitalism is a system of exploitation, of using working people, not paying them properly, no guaranteeing them health benefits, and now it's turned into a system where it's just about making money off money as opposed to making money by making things.

I share the wealth that I create. My employees have full medical benefits, there's no deductible. I give me employees unlimited paid sick days, and for maternity leave they are paid for their maternity leave. How French of me.


-- Michael Moore during yesterday's Washington Post Live Discussion, on why him making money from a film that's criticizing capitalism isn't hypocritical .


Comments

Making pure market capitalism the only method of governing your society is great if the primary goal of that society is collect large sums of money in a few hands. If that's not your goal, then perhaps you should think about tempering your capitalism with a little something else.

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break