A Moment Of Disclosure

I wasn't aware of this until I received this email, but one of the benefits from the tax cut deal includes an extension of "employee-provided education assistance." Translated, those involved can offer up to $5,250 a year for classes.

In my case, that means if I take a class, as long as the cost is under that amount I don't have to pay for anything other than books. Since I'm going for my MBA, I can take two classes per year and only worry about having to pay on the taxes for one of them (which they take out of my paycheck, BTW). That's a big deal to me because it cuts my paycheck by almost 23%.

I'm not saying it's a complete justification for accepting a flawed deal, but their are plenty of people out there who will get cut off academically and probably never resume their degree-hunt if the assistance is cut off.

BTW, it looks like it will pass the Senate. What happens when the House gets their hands on it is a different story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break