Memo To Clubs: Please Stop Using MLK Like This


Being someone who gets various stories from various places at various times, I also get ads for certain events. The pic you see is for a club promoting what appears to be a MLK party.

Now, stories claiming Dr. King was unfaithful notwithstanding, I am pretty confident that when people think "Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr." they do not think about clubbing, booty-shaking, and poppin' bottles. I'm also sure that when the man was writing his "I Have a Dream" Speech he wasn't thinking that by the 21st century people would be using his image to promote booze-heavy parties.

Now, I don't think the clubs should forgo reminding their customers that most of them will have Monday off. But if they want to link a deceased celebrity to the club life, they'd be better off using Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break