Home Theater

Don't you hate it when you take a couple extra days off from work, only to get sick during that time? Well, in my case, it gave me a chance to catch up on my movie-watching, both old and new...

Before I got under the weather, I managed to catch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Without giving too much away, I think it was better than the first two but not as good as the third. And at the rate things are going, I'm not sure if Draco will ever be considered a worthy adversary. One thing though: I don't see the problem with the "kids" being older than the characters they play; has anyone heard of Beverly Hills, 90210? I'd rather see 16-year-olds play 14 then 30-year-olds play 17.

Elektra in eight words: Great special effects, good fight scenes, poor plot.

Flight of the Phoenix: sometimes movie makers are given a choice of making a movie just naughty enough to get an R rating or diluting it to get a PG rating. Phoenix was one of those movies. The movie could have been just as good without the swearing (it wasn't necessary to establish the characters) and gone PG, making it a family film. Or they could have had a love scene between the Captain and Kelly with some bloody fights involving the thieves/smugglers for a solid R rating. A movie like Phoenix should either have been given to Disney or Michael Bay, not both. Nevertheless, it's a decent film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break