Count Dooku Won't Go Down Easily

Any wonder I compared Joe Lieberman to the rebellious ex-Jedi? Well, take a peak in his concession speech:

I am disappointed not just because I lost, but because the old politics of partisan polarization won today. For the sake of our state, our country and my party, I cannot and will not let that result stand.

I expect that my opponent will continue to do in the general election what he has done in the primary … partisan polarizing instead of talking about how we can solve people's problems, insults instead of ideas. In other words, more of the same old partisan politics that has assailed Washington today.

I will continue to offer Connecticut a different path forward. I went into public service to find solutions, not to point fingers. To unite, not to divide. To lift up, not to tear down. To make my community and country a better place to live and work.

People …and not just the Democrats are angry at the direction of this country - so am I. People are fed up with the petty partisanship and angry vitriol in Washington.

Let me tell you, I have been there, and I am fed up too. … Every disagreement is considered disloyal. And every opponent it is not just an opponent but is seen as evil. It is time for our elected leaders to stop playing political games, so we can get things done for the people who are good enough to send us to Washington to serve them. That's exactly what I am trying to do.


See? Lieberman blames partisan politics. Not his relationship with Bush, or the fact that his campiagn pinched pennies, or the fact that Lamont is a genuine guy who wants to make a difference.

Hey Joe, if things were so bad...and D.C. is so partisan..then why the hell haven't you been fighting this in your 18 years? Why did you decide that the best thing to do was to join the team that had control of the governement, instead of representing your state and your party?

Now you want to run as an independent so you can "continue this campaign for a new politics of unity and purpose." Then why didn't you do this from the begining? Why waste the time, energy and resources of the Democratic Party? Hedging your bets again I see; just like when you and Gore were running for the big one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break