Keep It Simple, Please

One may read this and think "Sweet Merciful Crap! The President didn't give two figs about North Korea!"

I see something else. Take this quote: "Hmmm," Bush said. "I wish those assholes would put things just point-blank to me. I get half a book telling me about the history of North Korea.

This, I think, is all we need to know about President Bush. He's just not a big-pitcture, abstract thinking kinda guy. So how in the world are we supposed to buy their all-new "winning by adapting" strategy (which is just "stay the course" in a shinny new wrapper)?

Everything has to be boiled down to a sentence or phrase for him to get it; a version of what Ed Schultz calls the "two-word culture" that neo-conservative Republicans have used to win the last three election cycles. That may be fine for running a failed oil company or a floundering baseball team, but it shouldn't be the mindset for the POTUS, let alone a President who's presiding during wartime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break