On Christmas/Holiday Shopping


Credit cards will be in full force this holiday season, when it's all said and done. I've always been fascinated at how people will literally put themselves into debt in order to insure a day and a half of commercial happiness for others. I'm not sure I would consider it a sacrifice in every instance, either.

I say this because, in personal experience, most people don't know what the person they're buying gifts for wants. I've talked to friends, co-workers and family about this, and more often than not they're buying blind. As a result, they overcompensate and end up spending way more they probably have to. Then, more likely than not, the month of January is one of poverty as they fight to pay of holiday bills and struggle to pay the normal monthly ones.

My only suggestion to those who are doing any last-minute shopping is: talk to the person you're buying a gift for, and get a sense of what they'd like. I know that getting info from some people is like pulling teeth, but if your threaten to get them something cheap or cheesy, I'm sure they'll change their tune and be more forthcoming.

Also, remember that it's not necessarily about a physical gift, but that the act of gift-giving implies a level of concern and compassion for the person your getting a gift for. Or, in layman's terms, "It's the thought that counts."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break