"O" Boy!


Oprah Winfrey is backing Barack Obama.

She told Larry King:


"I think that what he stands for, what he has proved that he can stand for, what he has shown was worth me going out on a limb for...and I haven't done it in the past because I haven't felt that anybody — I didn't know anybody well enough to be able to say, 'I believe in this person.' "


So what's the "Oprah Effect?" According to Alex S. Jones, the director of the Joan Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University:


"If you see that she has a lot of fans who are not necessarily going to vote for Barack Obama, you have to calculate that she may take a commercial hit...Oprah is very credible. I would say that this endorsement is about as important of one as you could have right now."

Considering that this is the woman who influences what the everywoman may want to read, and that she had a mimi-showdown with the beef industry, expect this news to resonate with Obama fence-riders as well as Oprah fans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break