Connecticut's Ticket Issue Bumped Up to Feds.

Very interesting development:

Gov. Ned Lamont on Monday backed the chief state’s attorney’s decision to hand over to federal authorities a criminal investigation into state police who allegedly submitted tens of thousands of phony traffic stop tickets to Connecticut’s racial profiling database. 

“I think it’s appropriate,” Lamont said. “I think Pat Griffin, the state’s attorney, thought it was important to step back and let them. We’re gonna coordinate in any way we can, be absolutely forthcoming, no stone left unturned.” 

The governor’s comments were in response to a recent statement from Griffin, Connecticut’s top prosecutor, who first told WTNH News 8 that he has relinquished control of the criminal probe into the potential wrongdoing to the U.S. Department of Justice.

“I think DOJ brings the tools and the resources necessary to conduct this investigation, on the one hand. On the other, I think that the investigation will be thorough,” Griffin said. “I think that it will be independent, and I think when it’s concluded, I’m hopeful that we’ll get to the bottom of this. If people need to be held accountable, either in federal court or in state court, we’ll do that.” 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break