Don't Cross This Bridge

As I was waiting to hear news on Rove and Libby's future (which, it seems, will be delayed) last night, I was watching an NBA preseason game between the Golden State Warriors and the Phoenix Suns. I overheard former Wizards coach Doug Collins wax how Golden State was on the rise.

Read that last sentence again.

I almost choked on my McChicken Sandwich when I heard it myself. Let's get something straight: there's a short list of Cinderella teams in the NBA, and the Warriors aren't on it. Check their previous seasons and their pre-season reccord thus far. this is not a franchise with a recent history of turning things around. I don't care what the survey says. Putting one overrated psuedo-point guard on your roster isn't going to make you a playoff contender. They're certainly not winning their division, and that's the easiest way to get a playoff spot. And considering that they'd got to be better than the Clippers, Lakers, Hornets, Blazers, Wolves and Jazz (last season's "out crowd") I think Golden State has a looooong way to go.

Once they get some defenders, playmakers, and a big guy that can hold their own against the Tim Duncans and Kevin Garnetts, then we'll talk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break