Apologies


Until someone of greater rank or importance than myself can muster up the courage, let me say:

I'm sorry that this War on Terror led my country to invade a country that was not directly tied to 9/11.

I'm sorry that relations between the Christian and Muslim worlds have gotten so soured that a cartoon is enough to inspire riots and violence.

I'm sorry that the victims of Hurricane Katrina did not get the help and supplies when they needed them...and that in many cases, they still aren't.

I'm sorry that our government cannot debate issues anymore and that dissent is considered treason or defeatism.

I'm sorry that the only popular news for the media to report seems to be bad news, and that good news never seems to have any substance or lesson connected to it.

I'm sorry that someone saw fit to make a "Weekend at Bernie's 2."

I'm sorry that racism still exists.

I'm sorry that people in power feel that while everyone has a right to be born, they could care less about the environment they are born into, the life they have to live and the socio-economical hurdles they have to face.

I'm sorry wise people have to die before we can acknowledge their wisdom.

Most of all, I'm sorry that everything seems to be placed in one of two categories: right and wrong. And that having power and being in charge determines what issues/beliefs get put in which category.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break