Don't Blame Megan Fox

Whatever others may think, it's not her fault. Jonah Hex played to the wrong crowd. Instead of being the new Wild Wild West, it should have tried to be more like Tombstone. From my admitted limitted knowledge of the character, what appealed to me was his "I gotta job to do and I'm going to do it, whether my boss is an angel or The Devil" attitude. He's a western character in a comic book world, but that doesn't phase him; he doesn't suddenly go out to buy a crazy spandex costume or try to get superpowers...he just presses on, world be damned.

But when all your movie pushes is a hot Megan Fox, some quasi-steampunk science, and a vague hint of the character you're trying to highlight, don't be shocked when the flick turns out to be the next Glitter.

Comments

That's too bad, I thought the preview looked entertaining. Not great, but entertaining.

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break