Where Goes Gas Stations, So Goes the Nation

First there was the story about people stealing gasoline (which is more frequent then I first suspected); then there a story about gas stations going out of business. Now: apparently those that are still in business are beginning to refuse credit cards.

Remember when Bush blanked out when a reporter asked him about the "potential" of $4.00/gallon gas? Remember his lame-ass solution? Of course, in his defense he had no choice after Saudi Arabia laughed in his fucking face and told him to go home.

So now we have a potential scenario where a person has to go to a more popular gas station (because the local one closed due to small traffic) only to realize that now they have to pay cash for every transaction. But that won't matter, because odds are their gasoline will be stolen between them leaving their home and arriving to the gas station.

Comments

I dont carry much cash at all, doing almost all my purchasing with my check-card. I deliberately avoid gas stations that only take cash, or even ones which require me to go inside to use my card (though there are few of these places left). I have no intention of going anyplace that doesnt take plastic, unless the savings there are substantial (and I'm not talking a lousy 5 cents a gallon).
This "problem" strikes me a lot like the truckers saying that high deisel prices are driving them out of business. No, not charging enough for their services to cover their expenses are what's driving them out of business.
Of course, if your choices are to lose business because you raised prices enough to make a profit, or lose money because you dont charge enough for the business you get, you're kind of screwed. The rational choice would be to take the former choice and hope you can hold out until all the folks taking the latter road go bankrupt.

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break