Where Is Joe Lieberman's Soul?

John McCain said this:

I just have to say in all candor that since this nation was founded primarily on Christian principles ... personally, I prefer someone who I know who has a solid grounding in my faith. But that doesn't mean that I'm sure that someone who is Muslim would not make a good president.


Then followed that up by covering his ass some more:

I would vote for a Muslim if he or she was the candidate best able to lead the country and defend our political values.


He still insisted that "the Constitution established the United States of America as a Christian nation."

Joe Lieberman's initial response to this?

I have known John McCain very well for many years and I know that he does not have a bigoted bone in his body. I know that he is fair and just to all Americans regardless of their faith.


Lieberman is an Orthodox Jew. Now going by John McCain's comments, he's given the impression that Lieberman's religion is at best unAmerican and at worst not worth recognizing. Yet Lieberman continues to support him.

What's so wrong with saying, "I consider him a friend, but I don't agree with that statement?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break