My So-Called Basketball Team


If someone would have told me that after three games the Charlotte Bobcats would be leading the Southeast Division of the NBA, I would have smacked them with a banana and called them a liar. If someone would have told me that after three games that Brendan Haywood has been the most productive and consistent Wizard, I would have asked them to stop smoking crack.


But as strange as it may be, those two statements are indeed fact.


If the Wizards were a younger team, I would say that their current record was do to a "mini-revolt" by the players who would prefer a focus on offense (their strength) rather then defense (their weakness). But they are a veteran team, so I don't think that this is a case.


I am also tempted to say it has something to do with Arenas' injury, but the Eddie Jordan version of the Princeton Offense if supposed to allow a team to score and win games without having to rely on an All-Star every night.


In reality, it's probably something that's symptomatic of the NBA: many teams use the first few regular season games (rather than preseason) to get into game-shape. I can't really blame any Wizards for this as it's a league-wide practice.


But we'll have a better idea what's going on this Thursday, when the team plays again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break