Chris Matthews Needs to Calm Down

If you add the things Chris Matthews has said in the past, then combine them with things like this:

He looks like a million bucks. Everything is perfect. Everything about him is perfect -- his look, his manner, everything, the shirt, never rolled-up sleeves, the tie always tied. That perfection -- is that the Republican Party of the 21st century? Is that what we're looking for, the perfect efficiency expert?


and this:

Yeah, I think you're right. I guess I'm thinking of an Eddie Rendell were in the race -- the governor of Pennsylvania -- or if Al Gore were in the race or someone else who's a good heavyweight to be running. But, you know, I do see a lot of really good second-tier candidates here, but I don't see a big, beefy alternative to Hillary Clinton -- a big guy. You know what I mean? An all -- an every-way big guy. I don't see one out there. I see a lot of slight, skinny, second- and third-rate candidates.

and even this:

MATTHEWS: Could you get a little closer to the camera?

BURNETT: My -- what is it? Is it zooming in strangely?

MATTHEWS: Come on in closer. No, come in -- come in further -- come in closer. Really close.

BURNETT: What are you -- what are you doing?

MATTHEWS: Just kidding! You look great! Anyway, thanks. Erin, it's great to -- look at that look. You're great.

BURNETT: I don't even know. I'm going to have to go look at the tape here. I'm in a strange location.

MATTHEWS: No, you're beautiful. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. You're a knockout. Anyway, thank you, Erin Burnett.

BURNETT: All right, Chris. See you later.

MATTHEWS: It's all right getting bad news from you, even, OK? Thanks for
coming on Hardball.


It's becoming more an more apparent that Matthews is the TV political pundit version of Anchorman's Champ Kind:



Only difference is, Champ's fixation was mainly directed at Ron. That and Champ's a character in a movie. Matthews is a real person and his fixations seem to be more unpredictable and random, even though recent history gives the impression that he has a proclivity to covet Republicans. A case of "poliphilia," perhaps?

Seriously, though: what does a person's musk or their build or their tie have to do with their politics? Shouldn't people like Matthews be more concerned with a person's political views?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break