THE WORLDS, THEY IS MERGING!

Unlike some of the blogs I frequent, I choose not to take a peek at the soft white underbelly known as "the fringe," whether it be people who think President Bush called Osama bin Laden to schedule the 9/11 attacks or the people who believe that Hillary Clinton used her early membership at the Black Panthers to kill a guy.

However, every now and then, these brave bloggers/websites stumble across something that even I can't help but gloss over. Such as this surreal Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker connection that's trying to be made in the face of logic, reason, physics and reality.

Now Poorman, Sadly No!, and Ezra Klein are on the verge of engaging in a Stewart/Colbert/O'Brien feud, and we don't wants that. No, no, no!

So here's my request to the so-called "conservatives" who think they actually hold some kind of sway in the base of their party: stop. I like to fanfic as much as the next American with a vivid imagination, but to even say that Malcolm X is the father of Barack Obama without including a "j/k" or "GOTCHA" at the end reinforces the whole "you're batshit crazy" mockery.

I know the GOP, for the most part, ignores you. Hey, the Democrats ignore their fringe people too, believe it or not. I also know that you like to pull stories from the Null Void because you distrust the media, even though outlets like The Washington Times and FoxNews are clearly on your side. But would it hurt to actually comment on an real news story, or (shudder) use it to support whatever thesis you have?

One thing I like about the blogs I read is their diverse take on issues and events, even though I pretty much share their ideology. The problem with the so-called "conservative bloggers" is that they all seem to parrot the same talking points and lines. A prime example: all of them have been focused on attacking supposed weak spots or flaws in Obama and lamenting why certain ones haven't been properly exposed, but none, repeat none, have said, "I'm going to talk about why McCain is a good candidate; here's some of his positives." It hasn't happened.

So let's think about this: what does it say when an aggressive, arguably fanatical base with little regard for accuracy can't even muster up one shinning positive for their candidate (even if it is an outright lie), but are more than willing to anally fantasize about the opposition?

I think that we'll find out soon. In the meanwhile, I hope that these types of insane postulations don't cause too many "Flinstones Meets the Jetsons" crossovers in my favorite sites to read.

UPDATE (via OW): The Crazy; IT WON'T STOP.

Comments

Simple rule for conservatives: If FAUX news doesnt talk about it, there's not even a slight basis for the story, because Fox wont hesitate to smear the Left if they can (but they need to be able to avoid lawsuit when they do it).

I enjoy a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person (and they often contain a lot of interesting information, even if they are totally whacked), but I like to think I know when to stop. One of the guys on my sidebar, The Existential Cowboy, is a former reporter and great researcher/writer, but I had to stop reading him because he'd headed deep into X-files territory with his obsession over 9/11. I'm willing to entertain the idea, but even if they did it, no one will ever prove it, so move on. There are plenty of other reasons to hang the bastards, anyway.

It seems like there's more to say on this subject, but I forgot my foil hat, and gov't beams are interfering with my thinking.

Popular posts from this blog

Five Actresses Who Should Be Considered For A Wonder Woman Movie

5 Actresses Who Deserve a Bigger Break